Dr. James Pond was a co-founder and CTO of Lumerical and was a driving force behind the company’s core software algorithms, technology, and advanced photonic modeling capabilities. He has two decades of experience in optical and photonic simulation, and is the author of numerous papers, patents and conference presentations. Currently he is Principal Product Manager at Ansys where he works on integrating Lumerical technology into the Ansys portfolio.
- PhD, Physics, University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, Canada, 1996-2000
- Magistère Interuniversitaire de Physique, Physics, L’Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France, 1993-1996
- DEA (Champs, Particules, Matières), Maîtrise, Licence, DEUG, Physics and Mathematics, L’Ecole Normale Supérieure and l’Université de Paris-XI (Orsay), Paris, France, 1991-1996.
- Photonic design and simulation
- Photonic integrated circuits and systems
- Quantum information technology
- Numerical methods