Below are some helpful resources at UBC (available virtually during Covid-19) that many students use. There are many resources on campus, but the below list is a good starting point if you are unsure where to turn to.
We encourage any student to explore the resources below if help is needed.
- UBC Counselling Services: available for appointment scheduling, Monday to Friday.
- UBC Student Assistance Program: 24/7 support by phone (free for all registered UBC students); Services include personal counselling, life coaching, group programs and more based on your needs.
- Here2Talk: free, confidential counselling and community referral services, conveniently available 24/7 via app, phone and web.
- If you are in immediate distress, please see https://crisiscentre.bc.ca
- If you feel that you or someone you know is in danger of harm, then call 911.
- UBC Wellness Centre: connect with trained students to navigate campus services and learn more about health topics and wellness resources.
- Student Health Service: offers a wide range of health assessments and treatments provided by doctors, nurse practitioners, and nurses.
- Health Insurance: find out what kind of health insurance you need during your studies at UBC.
- Fitness Centre Memberships: purchase a membership to access UBC fitness rooms, as well as yoga and pilates classes.
- Free Drop-In Sports at SRC: offers a variety of drop-in sports (from badminton, to futsal, to table tennis) that UBC Students can attend for free with a valid UBC card.
- Free Aqua Fitness Classes: increase your physical activity, flexibility, and have fun in a low-impact setting.