MS and PhD (Illinois, USA)
Office: KAIS 4048
Phone: (604) 827-4245
Karthik Pattabiraman received his MS and PhD from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) in 2004 and 2009 respectively. Dr. Pattabiraman joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in 2010 after spending a post-doctoral year at Microsoft Research (Redmond). He has also worked at IBM Research and Los Alamos National Labs, USA.
Dr. Pattabiraman’s interests include fault-tolerant and secure computer systems, programming languages, and web applications. Dr. Pattabiraman was awarded the William C. Carter award for the best paper at the IEEE International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN), 2008.
Fault-tolerant and secure systems, programming languages and compilers, web applications.
- Computer and Software Engineering
- Real-Time and Dependable Computing Lab (RADICAL)
- Secure Systems Engineering (LERSSE)
- Software AnaLysis and Testing (SALT) Lab
- EECE 513 – Error Resilient Computing Systems
- CPEN 321 – Software Engineering
- CPEN 423 – Software Architecture
- CPEN 221 – Principles of Software Construction
- Topics in Program Analysis and Optimization
- CPEN 331 – Operating Systems
- EECE 571R – Security and Reliability in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- CPEN 400A – Topics in Computer Engineering – BLDG MDRN WEBAPP
- EECE 571J – Dependable and Secure Machine Learning
- EECE 571P – Electrical Engineering Seminar and Special Projects – Dependable and Secure Autonomous Systems