Analysis, design and implementation of computer networks and their protocols. Application layer protocols, transmission control protocol (TCP), Internet protocol (IP), routing algorithms, reliable data transfer, multiple access, Ethernet. [3-0-2]
- Analysis and design of computer networks.
- Understanding layered architecture of Internet.
- Protocol layers and their service models.
- Principles of HTTP, FTP, and SMTP.
- Understanding peer-to-peer applications.
- Network socket programming using Java.
- Understanding TCP and UDP.
- Flow and congestion control.
- Understanding network layer services.
- Forwarding and routing.
- Virtual-circuit networks.
- Datagram networks.
- Broadcast and multicast routing.
- Introduction to link-layer and its services.
- Simple error-detection and error-correction techniques.
- Simple multiple-access protocols.
- Local area networks
|CPEN 331 – Operating Systems|
|ELEC 221 – Signals and Systems|
|CPSC 261 – Basics of Computer Systems|